Hormone Balancing Cauliflower, Lentil and Miso Salad
etter Food Company recently asked me to contribute a recipe to help support female health.
My cauliflower, lentil and miso salad is jam packed full of ingredients to help promote healthy hormone balance, including:
- Cauliflower is a brassica vegetable. Brassicas are high in compounds called glucosinolates which help the liver detoxify hormones.
- Broccoli sprouts are especially high in these cancer-protective compounds and add a delicious crunch.
- Lentils contain phytoestrogens in the form of lignans, which can decrease or increase the effects of oestrogen depending on the body’s needs.
- Spinach is high in folate (essential for the detoxification of hormones), and in this recipe is lighted wilted rather than cooked to preserve its nutrients.
- Finally, miso provides probiotic bacteria to support gut health and the elimination of hormones from the body.
You can read the full recipe and instructions here: http://betterfood.co.uk/recipes/spiced-cauliflower-lentil-salad/