Coconut Milk Truffles
These are little balls of joy! They’re great to give as gifts or just to have on hand when you need a little pick me up. And no-one would ever guess they’re dairy free!
- 300g good quality dark chocolate (70% or above cacao content)
- 240g organic coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- Coating of your choice (eg. Toasted chopped nuts, cacao powder, desiccate coconut, chia seeds etc…)
Heat the coconut milk. Once almost boiled, take off the heat and add the chocolate (broken into pieces), coconut oil and vanilla. Stir slowly until well combined (but don’t over stir). Cover the mixture with baking parchment and refrigerate over night (or until solid.
Using a spoon and your hands, form the mixture into bite size balls and roll in your chosen coating. Keep in the fridge.
DID YOU KNOW
- Despite popular belief that all saturated fats are bad for you, it is now coming to light that there are actually different types of saturated fats, some of which are actually good for you.
- Coconut oil is one of these, as it contains the beneficial fats lauric acid, caprylic acid and capric acid. These are medium chain triglycerides, which can be used preferentially by the body as an energy source.