Tropical Smoothie (makes 2 glasses)
- 2 slices pineapple
- ¼ papaya or mango
- 2 handfuls spinach
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- ½ avocado
- 2 dessertspoons of flax seeds
- 1 dessertspoon organic desiccated coconut
- ½ pint of water (filtered if possible)
Place all the ingredients in the blender and whizz. You can adjust the consistency by adding more or less liquid. Pour into glasses and drink straight away to get the most nutrients and the best flavour.
DID YOU KNOW
- Pineapple and papaya contain proteolytic enzymes (bromelain and papain), which help us breakdown our food and absorb more nutrients. These enzymes can also have anti-inflammatory effects.